Good news... we're accepting new members! During the first three months of membership in the Society of Mad Philanthropists, new recruits work as residents at People's Liberty. The residency is a full-time, paid position (i.e. Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm with occasional evening and weekend hours).
Note: Ideal candidates are doers/makers more so than thinkers/theorists.
Candidates for the Society of Mad Philanthropists are (or claim to be):
- Graphic Designers
- Social Media Experts
Candidates for the Society of Mad Philanthropists must possess:
- Exceptional skills in their respective disciplines
- An outstanding portfolio
- Unsurpassed people skills
- Supreme communication capabilities
- An exacting eye for details
Residents with graphic design skills will:
- Design print and web materials including posters, postcards, stickers, newsletters, buttons, name-tags, signage, banners, t-shirts, bourbon labels, stencils, fanny packs, data reports, etc.
- Photograph and film events and outings to document and share.
- Support People’s Liberty's Haile Fellows with film and photo documentation, project branding and tool development.
- Design and build environmental signage for the Globe/Globe Storefront.
Residents with social media, writing and amazing people skills will:
- Create and curate content to regularly share on People’s Liberty’s social media channels and blog.
- Maintain a printed and digital archive of media/news articles.
- Support fellows and grantees by documenting and sharing their projects, while developing unique ways to convene and connect People's Liberty alumni.
During their first 3 months, members of the Order of the Most Excellent Storytellers will also:
Steps to Join the Society
Read carefully and monitor your status frequently:
- Research the Society of Mad Philanthropists on this website.
- Apply for membership (use the form above).
- Await the Society's response (no worries, it will be timely).
- If all goes well, meet with a member of the Peoplehood.
- Await the Society's response. (Don't worry; we're timely).
- If all goes well, work on a 10 hour project. (Yes, compensated).
- Await the Society's response (Yes, still timely).
- If all goes well, you'll be invited to join the Society.
- Be inducted into the Order of the Most Excellent Storytellers.